All building and remodeling shall comply with the following building codes:
1. The International Residential Codes for one and two family dwellings, 2003 edition as published by the International Code Council. Inc.
2. The International Building Code, 2003 edition, published by the International Code Council, Inc.
3. The International Fire Code, 2003 edition, published by the International Code Council, Inc.
4. The International Mechanical Code, 2003 edition, published by the International Code Council, Inc.
5. The International Fuel Gas Code, 2003 edition all published by the International Code Council, Inc.
6. The National Electrical Code, NEC 2002 Edition, published by the National Fire Protection Association, Inc.,
7. The State of Illinois Plumbing Code as it presently exists and in the future as amended. In the event of any conflict between the Illinois Plumbing Code and any of the other codes as listed above, the Illinois Plumbing Code shall control.
8. The State of Illinois Energy Conservation Code as it presently exists and in the future as amended. In the event of any conflict between the Illinois Energy Conservation Code and any of the other codes as listed above, the Illinois Energy Conservation Code shall control.
9. The NFPA 101, Life Safety Code (2015 Edition). In the event of any conflict between the NFPA 101, Life Safety Code (2015 Edition) and any of the above codes published by the International Code Council, Inc., the NFPA 101, Life Safety Code (2015 Edition) shall control.
Temporary Hours-Monday-Friday 7:00AM-3:00PM
"Gateway to the Lower Fox River Dells"
Building Permits Are Required!
No person shall commence any new construction or an additional structure to an existing building (including a porch or deck) destruction, exterior improvement, subdivision of land, or other development without first obtaining a building permit.
The application for a building permit shall be accompanied with the following information:
(1) Two copies of building plans which shall include the identification of any needed exterior finishes
(2) Two copies of a line drawing or plat illustrating the boundaries of the lot, the location of all improvements, and the location of any proposed improvements
(3) A copy of the applicant's deed, tax bill or other document indicating ownership interest in the subject property
Building permit applications are available at Village Hall or download below.
Building Permit Application
Completed building permit applications shall be personally delivered to Village Hall. The Building Inspector shall determine if the application illustrates compliance with the Ordinance. Payment for said Building Permit is to be submitted with the application unless the proposed work requires a site plan then the Building Inspector will determine the fee and it will be due upon receipt of an approved Building Permit. Anyone who decides to cancel their permit application after the Building Inspector has already completed a site inspection, then they will be responsible for the cost of the Building Inspector's time and refunded the balance.
Please allow up to 10 days for the application to be processed prior to receiving a Building Permit - some projects may take longer.
It is the owner's responsibility to check the setback requirements prior to building. Complete Zoning Ordinances are available for review at Village Hall or at Robert W. Rowe Public Library. You may also use the following link to access the Zoning Ordinance book.
Allowable Accessory Uses Include (but not limited to):
- Awnings and Canopies
- Steps not over 4 feet in height
- Arbors and Trellises
- Fences and Walls
- Breezeways and Open Porches
- Children's Playhouse
- Garden House or Private Greenhouse
- Garage, Shed, Carport, or Storage Building
- Outdoor Swimming Pool (with water capacity greater than 1,000 gallons)
ZBOA Meeting Minutes Approved:
2/3/20 ZBOA Hearing-Text Amendments